The hair, as the eyes or skin, is an extension of each person living has its roots in the blood and feeds from the digestive system. It is closely related to the nervous system, and is composed mainly of muscle tissue, keratin, oils, proteins and silicon and is intended only to adorn the head, but also has a biological function, which helps the body feels and magnetically stabilized.
It is commonly believed that the age when hair begins to be white, when the first gray hairs, but in reality, this is not the only sign of aging hair (though the most obvious and well known), but there are others who also indicate that this process has come, such as lack of elasticity, open and dry cuticles.
The dreaded white
The onset and progression of gray hair fall within the normal aging process. It occurs in varying degrees in all people, regardless of gender or ethnicity. No head is immune.
The graying is hereditary and it began well. Studies show that the western population graying at age 35, the east near 40 and African 45.
However, currently there are numerous studies to halt what causes gray hair. A team of researchers from the French company L’Oreal, recently published a paper in the British Journal of Dermatology, which show that the process of graying human suffering is not instantaneous, but is produced by the progressive and selective loss certain cells, “The graying is due to a progressive decrease of melanocytes of the bulb, which are the active and responsible for giving color to the hair fiber, and those found in the reservoir, inactive, from which the pigmentation unit regenerates at each hair cycle, “said Bruno Bernard, Doctor of Biology and group leader of the firm, from its offices in Paris.
According to the scientist, one of the most fascinating discoveries they made is that when the loss exceeds a certain threshold, the hair fiber is white, yet there are still melanocytes present. Furthermore, although the protein linked to the production of melanin, TRP-2, can not be expressed in cells of the hair follicle of the channels, it does in the hairs from the skin, which do not disappear over time and lose its color. This is a future hope to recover the pigmentation of the hair strand.
The exterior of each hair is formed by a layer of scales arranged like tiles of a house, when they are perfectly aligned, one above the other and enclosed in a compact and impermeable formation, the core and the water it contains are protected. However, with time and continuing attacks that are subject to the scales open, away from each other and allowing water escaping from the interior.
This is the first step in the process of thinning hair, and once dried, it loses elasticity and vigor. Although this is not a problem for mature hair, in most cases tend to have this feature, so they are difficult to maintain and resistant to stains. The first step for strength, will, therefore, close the cuticle and replace their scales in order. To achieve this there are products that have the proper acidity to contract the cuticle.
Weight loss and chronic dryness
The loss of skin collagen, because of age, makes it loses its ability to retain moisture. As the scalp is part of it, also suffers, because as we age the production of sebum decreases capillary provides lubrication, reduces frizz and hair can become dry.
The hair thins, losing hair fibers. Healthy hair has six to 10 layers, but as it is being subjected to chemical agents, climate, hormonal changes, continued use of hair dryer and iron …., the layers are reduced, leaving the core exposed , besides losing the body, shine, softness, elasticity, becoming dry, brittle, fragile, lifeless and unwieldy.
To stop this process and restore life to the manes should be treated, both from within, from a feed line with the age and needs, and from the outside, with products and procedures formulated for mature hair.
From the inside
- Avoid foods mineralized, those that do not contain nuts, which have large contributions of silicon, which is essential for hair.
- Eat oats can add it to juices, smoothies, bread, corn cakes, soups and so on. This is a food rich in minerals to nourish the hair.
- Hair Keratin contains large amounts of sulfur, it is recommended to search the market for this mineral tablets, and taken as the dose recommended by your doctor.
- Foods should not miss in your weekly menu: cucumber, seaweed, nuts, carrots, asparagus, cauliflower, broccoli, lettuce, cabbage, soybeans, spinach, grain barley flour, parsley, dandelion, paprika, pumpkin, wheat, gelatin, red meat, chicken and fish.
- It is very important that when you eat not only try to pamper your palate. Consumption of raw leafy greens can not be very pleasing to many, but are most minerals provide the body.
- Hair follicles need fats, especially omega-3 found in flaxseed, in some fish, avocado, olive oil, almonds, nuts and seeds.
- The hair contains a lot of water (about 25 percent) so it is important to take six to eight glasses a day.
If you do not eat well, but use the more expensive products, it will be difficult to have beautiful hair. The use of multivitamin supplements help, but does not replace a proper diet.